Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KRISHNA VAISHNAV   24 June 2015

Professional ethics & senior counsesl

Good Monring LCIM.

I would like to share one of my recent experience with a Senior COunsel, who is engaged to argue our case.

Now engaging Senior COunsels became very very costly and we are not sure even after engaging him/her will attend the matter or not.  We will be at cross fingers till he/she arrives in to the court and argue our matter.

The next thing is if we have more than one batch matter, naturally there is only one argument but clients are charged  their appearence fee for all matters.  Even they wont consider for any on their figure.

The thrid thing is that,  in my experience, I have two matters before the bench and have very good grounds to get some relief.  Getting favourable judgemnet is altogether different issue, but it is our counsels duty to bring the facts to the notice of the judges. In my case my sounsel had spelled only six words in six secons and sat down.  MY AOR and Me requested him to bring atleast 3 important points to the notice of judges but he was totally relectunt and did not even tried.

The total cost for 6 seconds arguemnt is 6 lakhs and above that the relief got in the single judge court also gone.   For claiming total amount of his appearnace even he did not felt whether he did some justice to his service or not?

My lawyer friends also felt very sad  at that incident and we realised that before engaging senior we have to first do R & D about him and then entrust the case.

The incident was really shaken my heart and felt very bad. 

It is not that all seniors are like that, but the practice of face value before benches and judgements on face value should go.  Hope the time may come.

thanks members

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register