LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kiran (Self)     29 December 2012

Procedure to sell ancestral property

My Grandfather had ancestral property ( agricultural land around 6 acres) near Kolar (Karnataka). He expired in 2010. He had not written any WILL. My grandfather has 5 sons and 2 daughters.

What is the procedure to sell this property? Should it be transferred to one of his sons or can they sell the property directly? Does grandchildren have any share in this property? Is Grandchildren's signature also required while selling this property?

Thanks and Regards




 1 Replies

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     29 December 2012

You can file a partition suit to allocate individual share....The sons, daughters and grand children have equal rights in the property.....The head of the family may sell the property, it act of selling should not be detrimental to the coparcenery in any sense for which someone may raise a contention.....



It's goos to get the consent or atleast inform the members of such a move.....






Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register