LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manu (partner)     26 February 2014

Procedure to obtain death certificate of tenant

Dear friends for an ongoing case regarding wrongful occupancy of a property , I am in need of death certificate of the original property owner. I have been asked by court to provide the same but the problem is I am unaware of the exact date of the persons death.

I just know the full name and place of death of the concerned.Please advice about the procedures required for the same.I hail from the state of West Bengal.

Thanks.

Learning

6 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     28 February 2014

Approach the local Panchayat  OR the Municipal council OR the Municipal Corporation (Birth & Death dept.) and conduct a self-search or thru an agent.

Alternatively also trace the School certificate of the deceased or the PAN card of the deceased.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
https://hemantagarwal21.blogspot.in/?view=sidebar

manu (partner)     11 April 2014

Thanks.... But They only allow close relatives to apply for the certificate by normal channels..... Is there ny alternative for the death certificate asked by court or is there ny method of knowing a persons date of birth from their name.

Thanks.... But They only allow close relatives to apply for the certificate by normal channels..... Is there ny alternative for the death certificate asked by court or is there ny method of knowing a persons date of birth from their name.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 October 2014

Originally posted by : manu

RTI application can be made for the extract of the register of death for the relevant period

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register