Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Victim of Greed (Worker)     07 May 2014

Procedure to change my middle name

Hello experts,

Can anyone advice me the procedure in Mumbai to change my middle name which is kept of my father to my Mother who has passed away ?

My mother died in 1978 and i do not have her death certificate. However, In my birth certificate, her name is mentioned. So, will my this birth certificate be enough as proof to change my middle name ?

Awaiting for your response !!!

Many thanks in advance.


 2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     07 May 2014

You have to apply in the gazette department for change of name. File an application there.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     07 May 2014

you should sworn an affidavit with old name and new name and get it be norarized.  then make it published in local news papers.  Then apply  at your local Government Press or the department that mobilizes Gazette notification. get 2 copies of “Deed Changing Surname Form”. (Fill this form carefully as per the instructions provided therein). submit a letter to the Secretary of the Govt. of the state, requesting him to allow you to change your name along with  “Deed Changing Surname Form”., true copies of the newspapers in which your name change statement is published., attested copy of the Name Change Affidavit and a copy of your current identity like your Voter Identity Card, Pan Card, Birth Certificate, School or College Certificates and etc.   This is for information only.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads