Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

freelancer (NA)     03 March 2011

Procedure for compramise in 498A case



Please advice/guide me regarding the following case.


My wife has left me and went to her parental house six months back and lodged a wrong 498A case on me. I had failed to make herunderstand her parents intentions but anyhow finally she got realised recently and willing tocomeback to me. But however her parents dont want her to join back to me and creating obstacles everywhere (Please note that i live in delhi & my inlaws arein kolkata. Currently my wife along with my two children is residing at her parents house).


Recently yesterday, they again created onemore scene mentioning that since the case is going on, she cannot leave kolkata and has to clear the case (Along with me which means i have to go to kolkata to clear the case) if she wants to lead her life with me.


Now the issue is,since last six months, i have been visiting my inlaws house to meet my wife & children and recently i had came back from kolkata on 1stmarch.Also as i am working ina private organization and since i have exceeded my leaves for the period, i will not get any more leaves and moreover i am financially stuck due to the cases as i have lost everything since last six months only due to travelling (From delhi to kolkata & Vis-Vis).


Please advice me a solution where the ends can meet in delhi without myself forcing to go to kolkata (I mean if there is any wayout where i can settle the mater in delhi court).

Looking forward your your valuable suggestion ASAP.


 3 Replies

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     03 March 2011

fake 498a are not to be taken back.


if your wife is ready to take back the cases then you will need to visit Kolkata only as the case would need to be quashed from High court where your wife will give a statement or MOU in court that you have entered into a compromise and agreed to live together and she wants to take back the cases. This would just require one visit on the date of hearing you can engage a lawyer who can file the Quash petition U/s 482.

1 Like

Dushyant saini (law)     03 March 2011

Friends what is Quash Petition?

Please update me..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register