Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

V Karthik Srinivasan (SRM University Chennai)     09 July 2014

Procedure for change of name in the birth certificate

Sir,

I am a student presently in Chennai. I was born in Tiruchirapalli Dt in Tamil Nadu. At that time I was issued a Birth Certificate with the name "Karthik Srinivasan" based on which all my other documents like PAN Card, Voter Id, 10th Class certificates are based. Recently I applied for Passport. As I had misplaced my original Birth Certificate, I had applied a new one and got. I was shocked to see that my name is mentioned as Karthik Srinivasu instead of Karthik Srinivasan. When I had enquired I am told that even though the original birth certificate was issued as Karthik Srinivasan, my name is entered in the Birth Register as Karthik Srinivasu.

I request you to tell me the detailed procedure for changing my name in the Birth Certificate and obtaining a fresh Birth Certificate with my name as Karthik Srinivasan. My permanent address is Mumbai, hence the Tamilnadu authorities refused to accept my application of change of name. Please let me know the procedure. If the procedure is completed, can I get my name changed in the Register of Birth in Tiruchirapally? Please give a detailed reply. With regards -Karthik

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     14 July 2014

Obtain an application  for correction of name  at municipal office where your birth taken place. 

kamalakannan   22 September 2015

hi my name in birthcertificate is BALAJI but all other marksheet,tc,certificates are KAMALAKANNAN i did nt apply for passport for this issue.can i change name wth legal way my native  is CHENNAI,place of birth =AVADI  PLEASE tell what procedure to change name.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register