LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raghavender (Software Consultant)     17 March 2014

Procedure and process for appealing to state forum

Judgment in District Forum pronouonced in my favour while partially allowing the complaint. I am not satisfied with the judgement. Can I appeal to State Forum, if yes, what is the procedure and process for the same in Andhra Pradesh?

Learning

3 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     18 March 2014

Dear Querist

if you are not satisfied with judgement of District Forum you can file an appeal before state consumer forum u/s 15 of Consumer Protection Act.

15. Appeal. Any person aggrieved by an order made by the District Forum may prefer an appeal against such order to the State Commission within a period of thirty days from the date of the order, in such form and manner as may be prescribed: Provided that the State Commission may entertain an appeal after the expiry of the said period of thirty days if it is satisfied that there was sufficient cause for not filing it within that period.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 March 2014

Yes you can prefer an appeal before the Stat forum t the extent of the judgment by which you are aggrieved though the district forum.

1 Like

Raghavender (Software Consultant)     28 March 2014

Dear Sir(s),

Can you please substantiate what does 'extent of the judgment' mean in lay terms.

In the district forum decision, both the parties have been ordered to bear their own costs and no compensation was awarded, while making an observation that Opposite Party has engaged in unfair trade practice and ordered them to take corrective action.

In such a case, do I ,as a complainant have to make stuatuatory deposit of Rs25000/- ,when I want to make an appeal to State Forum praying for further relief.

Thanks for your response.

Regards.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register