LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pradeep tiwari (system administrator)     02 September 2021

Previous employer not releasing my p.f.

Hi ,

     I have left company before 5 years ago and i have my PF deduction details given by company.I told many times to the company by written and over phone but they are not clearing  my PF and when i talk to PF Department they says to talk to company .

So what can i do further to solve my issue 


                                                                                                                          Pradeep Kumar Tiwari

 2 Replies

Kevin Moses Paul   02 September 2021

As per your query, you may try to get in touch with the HR Department of your former company and get the reasons for delay and failure in disposal of your PF. Make sure to have an evidence of your communication with the HR (eg. saving the call recording; saving the communication in cass it's done through email).

However, if no satisfactory response is given by your company you may proceed to download Form 19 and get it attested by magistrate/gazetted officer. After you've done this, you may write a letter to the PF Commissioner about all the issues and problems faced by you and send the details to the regional EPF office. The application will be processed within two months, and will resolve your issue. It's one of the finest methods for you as it does not requires the signature/stamp of the employer.

In case of any other issue that comes while dealing with these matters remember that the EPFO has a provision of charging damages or penalty from the employers who are unable to deposit PF contributions as mandated under the EPF Scheme 1952.
Thus, you can file a complaint for damages against you're former company on the relevant ground in a Labour Court which has competent jurisdiction over the matter, here the call recording/email (as prescribed) between you and the HR Department can be used as a crucial element.

Hope It Helps!

Kevin M. Paul

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     03 September 2021

Everything is now online. You need to apply for withdrawal through your UAN pf portal. After that your employer will approve it and thereafter for credit of the amount it will take hardly 3-4 days time. If you feel difficulty, please consult an Labour Law Consultant.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query