Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PRE NUPITAL CONTRACT / CONTRACT MARRIAGE

Page no : 3

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     24 December 2010

MR ND TIWARY ADVICED FOR DNA TEST BY THE COURT,TO DETERMINE THE PETERNITY OF THE CLAIMENT PERSON, AS BIO LOGICAL SON OF MR ND TIWARY.

MARRIAGE IS NOTHING BUT A - 'PETERNITY DETERMINATION SYSTEM'.

3 Like

manjit kalra (system eng)     24 December 2010

agree fully with arup jis views. i am spellbound by suchitras reply and also thanks to author for starting such a thought provoking and intelligent thread which is more so relevant in present times. also see link for history of marriage and definitions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage

2 Like

vinod (others)     28 December 2010

dear suchitra ma'am,

i am very much amazed by the way that you have shed light on this truly controversial matter.

ma'am, if possible for you, can i request you to please read my post and give me a piece of good advice. i am in a very tight situation. my post are

(a) pls help me out in this tricky situation

(b) dear advocates, "pls help me out in this tricky situation"

Jamai Of Law (propra)     29 January 2011

Hats Off to Adv Suchitra ji,

India should follow prenups on the pattern chalked out by adv suchitra ji.

It will do a a justice to many females actually....and they would be saved arbitrary decisions of courts and husband would be saved from 498a harrasements also.

Everything gets fair and clear from outset....!!

If such a kind of pe-nup is really undertaken then.................................. wives are really empowered from day ONE!!!

On the day of marriage only............................................... all their worries are resolved and husbands would have to declare all assets etc.............. and declare the share to wives on the first day of marriage only!! GOOOD!!

If any husband says during prenup that 'You have to sign and agree that you will get only peanuts if we break-up in future!!! .....................then Who would marry to such a kind of funny husband (rather a moron) in the first place!!!"

galsober@yahoo.co.in (def)     30 January 2011

But some of the posts here have cast serious doubts over legal validity of this contract paper if any trouble arises afterwards. For the bennefit of fellows, plz enlighten if such a contract can have some legal protection at the time of need.

What more doc required to cover 498A case too.

If a couple agrees for live in relation, can some guidelines be suggested here in this post to safegaurd against future DV misuse etc?

Jamai Of Law (propra)     30 January 2011

Contract should be fair to both parties without compromising any legal rights of either person .................. otherwise it's illegal ..............

Clauses against/in referenes to ............498a and DV....such as "if such occurance errupts in future then.....". etc etc ...this kind of wording of clauses itself would make it invalid as it is not fair to one party and compromises that party ........and as it would infring the right of one party to seek for justice.

But pre-nups should be welcome and it would bring transparency.

1 Like

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     01 February 2011

PRENUPITALS must have

1. NAME ,AGE, SEX , PLACE OF RESIDENCE, MARITAL STATUS/ MARITAL HISTORY,DOB, QUALIFICATIONS , EARNINGS , ASSETS OF EACH SPOUSE ON AFFIDAVIT

2.RESPONSIBILTY OF EACH SPOUSE IN DAY TODAY LIFE

3. ALIMONY AND ASSET DISTRIBUTION IN CASE OF SEPARATION.

4. TO SEPARATE IMMEDIATELY IN CASE OF ANY DV, CRUELTY

5.NAME OF NEUTRAL MEDIATORS IN CASE OF DISPUTE

1 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     01 February 2011

Add;

6. It is beneficial to Register prenups under Special Marriage Act !
Reasoning: Well under current dozen Family Laws based on India’s various 'religious groups' only Special Marriage Act gives validity to those parties who falls under the ambit  of this Act to effective upon their prenups and for rest religious parties wait till Uniform Civil Code gets enacted.

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     02 February 2011

prenupitals can solve a lot of problems .

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     02 February 2011

YES ABSOLUTELY RIGHT MS KAUR, - prenupitals can solve a lot of problems .

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register