LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jayaprakash (-)     11 December 2016

Power of Attorney towards making an Affidavit

I work for a consultancy firm. One of our client resides abroad and wants to procure his educational documents through us. The university where he studied is mandating that an affidavit be prepared locally at the university city in India. In such case can a power of attorney be used to make the affidavit on behalf of the client?

Learning

3 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     12 December 2016

Yes! You cab use POA  or SPA you can use for this particular service.Because you are  a special power of attorney.yOU CAN USE  poa  FOR MAKING OF AN AFFIDAVI ALSO.

s written by Timothy L. Takacs, Certified Elder Law Attorney

Have you just signed a Durable Power of Attorney? Maybe you've had one for awhile, or maybe someone (the "Principal" in legalese) has named you his or her "Attorney-in-Fact." If you have, we have written the information on this webpage for you.

To help you understand this important legal document, this webpage is organized in seven parts:

1. About the Power of Attorney
  2. Powers and Duties of an Attorney-in-Fact
  3. Using the Power of Attorney
  4. Financial Management and Liability of an Attorney-in-Fact
  5. Relationship of the Power of Attorney to other Legal Devices
  6. Healthcare and the Power of Attorney
  7. Affidavit of Attorney-in-Fact
  8. iF YOU APPRECIATE THIS ANSWER PLEASE  GIVE ME ALLMY PROFILELIKES .

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     12 December 2016

Your client (a student of the University) may execute Affidavit abroad i.e., whereever he is residing/working and get it notarised or attested by local Indian Embassy and send it to you, the University has to accept it.

The University requirement is illegal and wrong which can be challanged. 

Jayaprakash (-)     12 December 2016

Thank you Ms Usha Kapoor and thanks a lot to Dr J C Vasishta, your information opinion is very much valued.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register