Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manu (advocate)     19 September 2008

power of attorney

Sirs,

i need a latest supreme court or high courts rulings urgently on the following point- "the power of attorney ceases to operate on the death of the grantor"

if i m right section 201 of indian contract act.

Learning

7 Replies

Guest (n/a)     19 September 2008

the information is very useful

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     19 September 2008

Dear Manu,

Could you kindly let me know whether the principal the grantor died after the execution of the poweer of attorney or brfore the execution of the POA?

manu (advocate)     19 September 2008

sir,

principal grantor died after executing poa.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     20 September 2008

Dear Manu,

Under section 3 of the powers of attoney Act, 1882, the termination of a power of attorney where either the principal or the agent becomes unsound mind or DIES.

Revocation of power of attorney:- The death of one of the parties to power of attorney. Power to present a document for registration  is revoked by the principal, if the death occurs before the presentation of the said document, vide Musibunnissa vs. Abdul Rahim,ILR 23, All. 233 PC II MLJ 58.

manu (advocate)     20 September 2008

thank u vry much sirs for enlighetening reply.

Guest (n/a)     25 September 2008

i would like to say some thing,

The POA is executed creating some interest to the holder in the subject matter of the POA it becomes irrevocable i.e. will not cease to operate even after death of the POA executant.

Guest (n/a)     27 September 2008

Mr. DNMDNM, PLZ mind your language. I pity on your extra ordinary behaviour ( might be suffering from sickness). Plz come up with proper authority when you deny a fact. Try to win not by using a frivilous langugage but with a point of law. Make an extensive study and then submit.

You cannot make comments on this post of others. You can guide but not to mis-lead.

Think manu u can understand my reply to DNMDNM on this post of urs. Thankyou.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register