LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

siddappa bagayat   02 June 2021

Post facto permission

Sir I done my graduation through distance mode Iam railway employee it is possible add my education qualification in my service book by post facto permission I did not taken permission


 10 Replies

ashok kumar singh (Advocate)     02 June 2021

yes same can be added through post facto permission obtained from the authority concern preferable within a period of 30 days, so far.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     02 June 2021

Yes you need to obtain permission from authorities

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     03 June 2021

Post facto sanction can be obtained.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 June 2021

First, get information as to whether1. The employee has to take permission for distance education.  You can either inquire orally from Union or dept.  2.Whether the degree was recognized by UGC or not?  Ascertain degrees given by distance education, certain such institutions are not recognized for providing such degrees.  Then you may act accordingly.

siddappa bagayat   03 June 2021

Degree is recognised by UGC I didn't taken permission from the railway is it possible to add my education qualification in my service book by post facto permission

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 June 2021

There is no statutory provision which mandates obtaining of any such permission.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 June 2021

Post facto permission cannot be claimed as a right.

It is the discretion of your employer, if you re denied the permission then you may not be permitted to add your qualification to your career.

But whatever worth it may be, you may explain the facts of having studied the course by distant education mode without hindering the service obligations hence to permit you to add this qualification to your service records.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 June 2021

It was mandatory for you top take permission. 


Department can still grant ex-post facto permission.


You have no remedy if the department refuses such permission.


If such permission is not granted the qualification will not be added in service record which will result that any application for any job/deputation where this qualification is essential will not be forwarded.

Mohammad Akbar   31 March 2022

Sir I done my graduation  during service through distance mode  (ignou) Iam RURAL DEVELOPMENT employee  and  Department  has not considered  my case for promotion to the next post  with the plea that iam inservice graduate and didnt have  /permission or post facto sanction for my degree.Plz guide 


G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     31 March 2022

File RTI Application to your dept and seek information as follows:

Information solicited:

1. Please provide a certified copy of the order/notification/circular that states that obtaining permission is mandatory for Distance Mode of education and that states that not obtaining such permission for Distance mode of education disqualified for further promotion on such qualification obtained through distance mode, in absence of permission.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register