Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymous Sharma (Head)     11 March 2013

Possession letter

Hi,

This is in regards, to my flat which i have purchased and after making the full & final payment the builder allowed to get the registry done in July 2012. Since then whenever is asked, builder is giving different reasons, but is not handing over the possession letter of my flat despite various one to one meetings.

Now when i approached him once again, he handed over the letter to me in February 2013 and ask me to get the same signed and return back for the director's signature. After putting my signature i handed over the letter to the builder for their signature almost a month back.

Last week when i approached him again for the possession letter, he is now asking to sign another letter of undertaking, which is bounding me that after taking the possession letter, i will not file and case in court against the builder for the penalty of delay in possession, wherein builder has mentioned in the agreement that if project dets delayed, he will pay pentalty @ Rs.5/- psqf every month till the possession is not handed over.

Please let me know, should i sign this undertaking, because if i sign this i will not be able to put my claim against him in the court in future, which i do not want to do. Builder is now blackmailing us by threatening to get this sign otherwise possession letter will not be handed over.

The flat was actually need to be handed over in March 2011 wherein handed over in March 2012.

Please advise.

regards

Anonymn

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate RAHUL C. CHHATBAR (ADVOCATE)     15 March 2013

Dear Sir,

Your should not sign undertaking

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register