LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vikash   22 September 2016

Police verification


I have been selected for a goverment job through ssc cgl. I heard that there will be police verification. I have been residing in delhi from past 8 years. But my hometown is in Bihar. Couple of months ago, My brother did an inter caste marriage. The bride's family files kidnapping case against my whole family. When the bride and groom came back after being married, the bride changed her statement when appeared before court owing to family pressure.

The girl was sent back to her family but the case came upon my whole family. The girl in her fake statement put allegation on my brother for kidnapping but prior to her arrival when her family members filed case they gave everyone's name to create pressure.

Now, here is my problem?

I was in Delhi and this incident happened in bihar and by no means i was involved in this but the girl's famly did include my name too.

They gave my name which is my pet name and my actual name is different and all my documents are under my actual name.

The girls's family is not taking any interest in this case but since our names are there, we had to get the bail from court.

I would like to know if police verification occures then how will this impact me?

Also, if the family of girls does not appear on court date on multiple times then will the case still continue or will be consider null and void.


Pleasee suggest


 8 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 September 2016

Contest the case and get acquitted on merits.

Don't conceal in job application, affidavit.

Your own counsel can advise you further.


Sachin (N.A)     22 September 2016

better to file quash petition before HC

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 September 2016

Employers do not consider quashing as 'acquitted on merits'.

It can be another struggle.

Better:Contest the case and get acquitted on merits. 

Rest is upto you.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     22 September 2016

The case will run as all the criminal cases run in the court ,you contest it on its merit by exhibiting the evidences of your innocence in this case and get acquitted in it , give all the truth of your case in the prescribed form don't conceal anything, there will be no effect on your selection until you find guilty in the case and punished jail for it .

Siva (Lead)     23 September 2016

Since case is there in your pet name. I think I will not affect your official name and new job

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 September 2016

Mr. Joshi is also right.

Neha   25 September 2016

Is there any procedure wherein I can get details of any cognizable or non cognizable case pending against me in any police station of my city (Hyderabad,Telangana)? What is the procedure followed during "verification of character and antecedents" after getting selected in IAS? Please reply respected experts. Thank you

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 September 2016

Visit PS or adopt RTI route.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register