LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rahul sharma (software developer)     02 December 2015

Police not taking any action in airticket fraud

Hi Sir,

 I need precious advice on Airtickets fraud that was carried out in Mohali. The Tickting agency cancelled my ticket and got refund but never intimated me. so therfore i logged compalint in Police station in mohali. But since 1 month is passed and several visits has been made.But punjab police was more in enjoying mood rather than helping me on this. Even accussed said to me in Thana. Dekh leya kuch nahi bigad sakde tusi log sada.. It was very discouraging I have given all evidence (Affidavit,Emails Recived and even refund amount credited in there account) but no action till yet.

How a comman person can fight with this system and please suggest how i can proceed further 

Can i move to court again these police party regarding the investigation



 4 Replies


The problem with booking tickets with travel agencies is that the entire process is carried out in the name of the agency.Such things like URs are bound to happen.Now what he would contend is that he has cancelled the ticket on oral intimation from U and he has also physically refunded back the amount to U.

the evidence at Ur disposal will be the sms received for the ticket booked,and an email confirmation and also the cancellation messages.

No doubt it is a fraud committed by the agent,it is difficult to prosecute him legally.The police will not pay heed to UR complaint nor a private complaint is maintenable in the court.

This is my opinion as per my legal knowledge.Lets wait for the other legal experts to respond with their views.

laxmi kant joshi (instructor)     02 December 2015

if punjab police is not registering your fir then collect the proof and move to the court and make a private complaint against the offenders .

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 December 2015

Move to DCDRF.

Lodge complaint with Deputy/Police Commissioner under proper acknowledgment and obtain diary number.Hope you have acknowledgment of complaint from PS also.


Puruse thru RTI and soon you will see the ball rolling.



Here the querist only has the proof of booking a ticket through a travel agent,he does not possess any valid instructions regarding cancellation,hence not maintenable in court or DCDRF.Had he purchased the ticket directly from the airlines,he had a chance to go to the court or the DCDRF.

This is my personal opinion.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query