LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ravivakill (ADVOCATE)     08 June 2015

Plz help urgently

Mr. A got loan from Co-operative Bank & give  two guarantors of staff where all the three persons are serving . "A" service is terminated by management now bank insist on Guarantors to Pay "A" instrument can bank freeze "A" Provident Fund ? Please guide me & How court order or having correspondance with P.F. commissioner? Please let me know the remedy for guarantors

Learning

6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 June 2015

If the PF is thru EPFO then It can't be atatched.

Usually banks have thier own PF Trust and PF rules.In such case it might be possible to adjust from Employer's contribution to PF.

You may find another thread as useful/relevant;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/P-f-gratuity-90740.asp#.VXXAXlJ-hkg

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     09 June 2015

The Provident Fund cannot be attached for any reason whatsoever. In case the PF is held in a private trust, the employer cannot refuse to pay the PF, although there may be an outstanding loan taken from the company. PF cannot be adjusted towards any amounts, which an employee may be liable to pay the employer at the time of retirement/ termination of service on account of any advance or loan that has been taken.

ravivakill (ADVOCATE)     11 June 2015

Than What is the Remedy for guarantors

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     12 June 2015

What is the meaning of the word"guarantors"

ravivakill (ADVOCATE)     13 June 2015

I know meaning of guarantors but my question is what is remedy for them as loan taker person is solvant he is not insolvant

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 June 2015

They should inform (in writing under proepr acknowledgment) the bank/BM of whereabouts and  assets of borrower and ask the bank to recover from borrower.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register