LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sungeet Singh (Director)     11 June 2013

Plain paper agreement

I had an agreement with my previous employer, where in we agreed certain points / issues on profit sharing and equity. It is signed on a plain paper.

The agreement was never honored more so now that I am out of company.

Is this agreement valid in court.

I am from Delhi.

Learning

3 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     11 June 2013

legally speaking it is not valid 

and without seening the points mentioned in the paper cannot say and while you are leaving the company thus have you left with relieving letter then no problem 

Riddhi Thakkar (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)     11 June 2013

It definately has no legal  validity. However since it is signed, a case will still be admitted as under the Contract Act, the basic definition of a Contract says that a Contract may be oral or written. 

But it will not bind the parties to teh Contract to perform it as it is nt a valid document. 

prakharved (Medical officer)     12 June 2013

@sungeet

The contract is probably not valid, but you would have to take a legal recourse to prove your point. is there any other evidence to prove such a promise. have you left the company? more details would be required.

For getting a good lawyer for consultation in delhi you can safly turn to www.lawkonect.com. from here you can even hire from a pool of experienced lawyer 

For legal queries like these you can get expert opinion from www.lawkonect.com

Just post your query online in very simple words and you will get a detailed response to your question by seasoned lawyers as per your requirement.

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register