Dear Friends. Complainant filed her affidavit in chief. She did not file for any aditional witness to be examined. Thereafter accused was called to x-examine her. In the course of x-examination several material were elecitied to show no legally liable debt is due to complainant.
Thereafter, the advocate of the complainant has told the court that he will now submit a new set of witnesses.
My question is...
1. If such a late response is permitable?
2. It seems clearly that the complainant is now attempting to fill up 'lacuna' via this delayed approach.
3. As I understand, if no list of witnesses is filed at the initial stage, and then after the x-examination of the complainant, the next step is the statement of the accused u/s 313 CrPC?
4. Still can this introduction of new witness at this late stage be allowed?
5. If Yes. By what law?
6. If Not. What is the defense?
Please guide me to some citations in this respect.