LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anirban Chatterjee   06 August 2019

Permanent job

Myself working in a PSU for last 11 years under Contractor, but till now that PSU has not given any permanent appointment to me. My job profile is more than a permanent employee of that PSU and my educational qualifications are same compaired to a permanent employee. Now I am getting only 1/4th of company employee payment. Can I asked for giving me a permanent appointment to that PSU?


 5 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     07 August 2019

Nowadays many jobs are outsourced. Some agencies take the work being outsourced and employ people themselves to do such outsourced work. In such a case, the employee of the outsourced agency has no connection with the original whose work he is doing. 


Similarly, in your case, you are writing that you are working with a contractor, who may be handling the work outsourced by PSU and for doing such work hired you. Please verify who gave you appointment letter (if at it is given). If the Contractor has given the appointment letter , you are the employee of the Contractor and not that of the PSU.

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     07 August 2019

You can move petition for conferment of permanant status to workment act 1981

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 August 2019

You have been employed by Contractor, who was an agent of PSU and PSU has not employed you, you do not have relationship with PSU to demand any benefit from them.  If PSU recruits and gives such notification, you may come in that process and prevail upon them during interview for consideration of your case in view of your past experience.

You do not have any rights on PSU.

1 Like

Anirban Chatterjee   07 August 2019

Sir we are 15 nos of employees doing our job in that PSU. We are doing our job more than a permanent employee. principal of Equal pay for Equal work is applicable for us. Six months back we have formed a trade union. The same is registered in Government Labour Department. is it helpful for raising demand? Sir please give suggestions.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 August 2019

So so far you have not gone to court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads