Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nandkumar (Sr. Manager)     27 March 2014

Period of maintenance charges against the flat

Dear All,

I want know the period i.e from when? the developer can charge maintenance charge on a flat area. Logically I feel that he can charge only after the possession of the flat is given to the flat buyer.

In my case

1) The possession was given on 14th June 2011.

2) The handing over of the operational matters to the society was done 1st Dec 2011 onwards.

3) The builder (developer) charged maintenance from 1st Dec 2010 to 30th Nov 2011 (one Year)

a) logically i feel that builder should have charged maintenance only after possession is given i.e. from 15th June 2011 to 30th Nov 2011 (till handing over to the society)

b) Some source told me that developer should not charge any maintenance. Since till he doesn't handover the whole project complete in all respect to the society, the maintenance of the property is developer's liability

Can you please enlighten me on this? Am i correct in above assumption in a)?  where can i find  the rules/regulations on this ?

regards

Nandkumar

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 March 2014

charges you have to pay to the society. The managing committee of the society  decided the charges payable by each flat as per the resolution passed by the General Body of the society. Before handing over the flats to the society, builder is only having responsibility whatever charges occurs.

Nandkumar (Sr. Manager)     27 March 2014

Originally posted by : ramachary64@gmail.com

charges you have to pay to the society. The managing committee of the society  decided the charges payable by each flat as per the resolution passed by the General Body of the society. Before handing over the flats to the society, builder is only having responsibility whatever charges occurs.

Sir, Where can i find the related rules, regulations? in Which Act/section/clause ? Please update

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register