25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mariam Taweel (not applicable)     12 May 2022

Peepul tree growing in walls and damaging property

My neighbours home, which they use to rent out is a building which is in a ruinous condition, or likely to fall as the walls and roof of the old house have peepul tree growing from within their building and outside of the walls. Due to this, even our home roof and walls have been damaged and our roof broke. 

What can I do to ensure that the neighbour is asked to demolish, secure or repair such building and remove the peepul tree roots which will cause further damage even in the future (suppose I repair my roof and walls of my home)? Under which IPC section can we file a request in the court as discussions have clearly failed.

Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks


 1 Replies

Aadarsh Pandey   12 May 2022

It is a civil dispute not criminal.

So here you can do one thing,give a written intimation to KMC about the building and the tree.

They will reach out to you and hope solve your problem.

If not then you have to file a civil suit in the court with the help of advocate and so on.

I hope this will help you too the extint.

For any more queries ,You can reach out to us.

Thank you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query