Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Parag Chatterjee (xxxx)     15 March 2011

pay protection to ex-servicemen

sir,

I retired from Indian Air Force on Oct 2005 after serving 21 year and presently drawing pension. On Dec 2009 I have joined ESIC as LDC. I was going through the Net and got one Govt of India Min of Personnel office memo No. 3/19/2009-Estt. (Pay II) dated 05th April 2010. It is revision of CCS rules 2008 regarding pay fixation of pay of retired defence forces personnel/officers re-employed in central govt civilian posts. As per revised para 4 (b) (i) and (ii) of CCS my initial basic pay on re-employment shall be fixed at the same stage as the last basic pay drawn befor retirement. However, i shall be granted the grade pay of the re-employed post.

My qyuestion is that whether i am entitled for pay protection??? If yes please give me letter or paras of rules by quoting which i can satisfy my employer to get it.

Plz give your valued advice/opinion of the subject. 

Learning

2 Replies

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     28 April 2011

Dear Parag Chatterjee, it is very difficult to answer if you state everything in short form, like ESIC but surprisingly you opted for LDC (Lower Division Clerk I suppose) after serving AirForce for 21 years.Anyway that is something personnel which I have no right to poke my nose in.

As for pay protection YES but only after CONFIRMATION of your employment/service with the present employer.May be they did not CONFIRM you as yet.Kindly ask them if you have completed your PROBATION period which may be maximum ONE YEAR, if not received so far.Sometimes it is your previous employer ( IAF) who do not furnish the necessary information in time to the present employer.Kindly update yourself first.

There is no need to submit any rulings, to ESIC (Which I do not what this ESIC is).It would be done automatically if it is not corrupt as other institutions of my BHARAT.

You can also take the help of RTI but please ensure that your employment with ESIC has been CONFIRMED first.

A little piece of advise please: Militarymen are suppose to chalk out their own strategy instead of depending on others, that is what is taught in the Military.Meanwhile I would try to search the gazette in this connection.

Regards.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 March 2012

Be practical

There is nothing like "Militarymen are suppose to chalk out their own strategy instead of depending on others, that is what is taught in the Military"  In IAF you have been tought discipline and to follow rules this is exactly what you are doing.  You are seeking interpretation of rules instead of making emotional appeal or frustrattion.

You know the rule position and make a proper representation to the administration.  Your confirmation will depend upon the performance judgeed by the officers under whom posted and they have no say in your Pay and Allowances which are to be decided by the Administration.  Both are different aspects.

In case your

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register