LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

K Rana R (job)     08 November 2016

Pay protection in center govt. through upsc from psu

Sir, I m working in a Center Govt. PSU in IDA scale (20600-46500, further will revise w.e.f 01.01.2017) now I m selected for Center Govt. through direct interview conducted by UPSC for pay scale of 9300-34800+GP of 4600/- which is revised w.e.f. 01.01.2016 as Rs. 44900/- basic pay.

I have informed my present employer in writing before applying as per the UPSC's advertisement but NOC was not required.

The below sentence was written in my interview letter regarding pay protection:

“The fact that you have been called for interview by the Commission does not guarantee your selection for appointment or that your demand for a higher starting salary, if any, will be supported by the Commission in case, you are selected for appointment. The initial pay of a candidate already in Central Government Service will be fixed ordinarily in accordance with the rules on the subject.”

Office memorandum of DoPT in this regards is attached herewith.

Will my present pay be protected or not?, if yes, wt will be beneficial for me to join the same before or after 01.01.2017 as my present job pay will be revised w.e.f. 01.01.2017.

Regards

(Rana)

Learning

1 Replies

ravi (Manager)     08 November 2016

the grade 20600-46500 is matching with same grade as your new job is giving you 9300-34800 +GP of 4600/-, As per my knowledge. But their is provision of pay protection when you came from Govt. Job to PSU  but vice versa no written statement is made by DPE. DPE is an advisory body only. They never give DOPT kind orders to PSU's...this is why PSU employees are in loss...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register