Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Past regular service on macp pay upgradation

Page no : 2

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 November 2022

Once again, you are requested to post in a fresh thread.

GSN SARMA   21 November 2022

Sir,

what is a fresh thread ?

Is it aNew Discussion ?

GSN Sarma

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 December 2022

Originally posted by : shyju c vellur

I have worked in a central govt. autonomous instistution from 28/12/2010 to 14/09/2015, then I joined another central govt autonomous institution near my home town through technical resignation, without having any break in regular service. On 28/12/2020, I completed 10 years of service, but my current institution denied the first MACP pay upgradation on 10 years. As per Technical resignation OM, the resignation is only for technical formality, the service will be continued without any break. In my case I am working on the same grade pay for 10 years, am I eligible for the first MACP? Kindly provide your expert opinion

the stand of your department seems correct.  you are newly recruited in 2015.  the technical resignation  will only create a lien if you want to go back to old post that too tilll you are regularised in this post (which you seem to have been regularised) and continuation of service for pay/pension/PF /gratuity/accommodation serniority purpose 

Subal   14 November 2023

Shyju Ji, I am also facing exact same situation. Came through technical resignation from one autonomous body to another in same grade pay. They are denying MACP counting past service.

Please update, what happened in your case and advice 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 November 2023

Para 9 of Annexure “I” to DOP&T OM dated 19th May 2009 stipulates that “past continuous regular service in another Government Department in a post carrying same grade pay prior to regular appointment in a new Department, without a break, shall be counted towards qualifying regular service for the purposes of MACPS. However, benefits under the MACPS in such cases shall not be considered till the satisfactory completion of the probation period in the new post”.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register