LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kishor   08 January 2016

Passport - police verification

I have been married for 7 month now. I had applied for my passport in Dec 2015. I am from Maharashtra and my husband from Ahmedabad. My police enquiry has already been completed in Ahmedabad. Few days ago my Father got call from Baramati (Maharashtra) Police Station I have to come for police verification. My father explained them that I have been married and been staying with my husband in Ahmedabad. He also explained them that I am 6 months pregnant and my doctor advised me not to travel, so I cannot come. The officer firstly accepted that and said him to come for verification. Then officer said that he will check for my criminal record and respond back on Friday. Today my father went to the police station and the officer said that there is no criminal record for me but I need to be present physically for the verification, whatever issue I have and how much time I require, I must inform passport office asking them time for verification. Later the verification will be done. My question if that:

1. If there is no criminal record for me and everything is okay then why I need to be present for police verification in my home town again.

2. I have completed my verification in Ahmedabad police station then why again I have to be physically present for my home town police verification.

3. If the police verification is so much necessary at my home town also then why I was not intimated beforehand.

4. In passport form I am asked for all the address I stayed in last one year. So If I stay at 10 different cities then I have to go for police verification in each and every city?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register