Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

naady.nady (Others)     24 September 2018

Passport copy for loc / 498a

Dear Expert Lawyers,

I have 498A case, charge sheet filed in 2013,NBW Pending. I have renewed my Indian passport in USA. My question is,

1. Inorder to open a Look Out Circular does it requires New passport copy or number ?

2. Can the LOC be opened with expired passport copy ( which my wife have with her ) ?

3. If I land in any Indian airport, does the immigration system shows a flag of LOC being issued on old passport copy ( with my new passport on hand )? 

4. Does the new passport number linked to old passport number and pops a flag in the immigration system if LOC being issued on old passport number ?

I request all the expert lawyers in this forum to kindly answer my quesions. I need to travle to India for 3 days for a business meeting. Your early response will be highly appreciatable.

Thanks & Regards,

N. Shah

Learning

2 Replies

naady.nady (Others)     24 September 2018

Dear Expert Lawyers,

I have a last quesion,

5. Does the other parameters like name, date of birth, photo, place of birth be matched irrespective of new passport number if loc is being issued on old expired passport number ?

Thanks & Regards,

N. Shah

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     24 September 2018

Loc can be open by the order of the court where the chargesheet is filed and even on the order of the Deputy Commissioner of Police under whose jurisdiction the FIR was registered in the Police Station. The accused against whom LOC issued, his complete particulars along with his passport details have to be passed on to the Immigration at all International Ports, both Air as well Sea Ports. The new passport issued is always linked with expired passport, so details of both passport are available with the Immigration department which is part of Ministry of External Affairs. The new passport issued to any Indian is done after taking the biometric test, both eye pupils and all 10 hand fingers prints, it may be happening anywhere. So is LOC is open which is valid for 1 year only unless extended by the order of the court, the Immigration department eagerly wait for such person to report and be handed over to local police anywhere such person lands in India. If such person is not passing through Indian Immigration he can very well enter India and remain hidden from law enforcement government agencies and leave India from same path he entered India without any information to Indian authorities.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register