Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lobsang Tsering   13 May 2016

Passport case - tibetan

Hi all, 

I am in real need of help with my passport case. I am Tibetan, DOB is 25th April 1983. I got my Indian passport in the year 2002 through an agent by paying him money. The agent got the passport from Passport office guwahati by providing Shillong address. My family friends stay at that address. The address was verified and i got my passport. i did not use the passport to travel. Later IC (identity certifert) was introduced for Tibetan people staying in India to travel. I applied for IC too since all the tibetans were applying. I got my IC so i had IC and Indian Passport. I was scared to use the Indian passport so when i got an opportunity to apply for B1 US visa i used my IC and got stamped. B1 visa on Indian passport is for 10 years valid but on the IC i got it for only 4 months. Plans got cancelled by the company so i was not able to travel. Once my IC got expired i did not renew my IC but renewed by indian passport by paying money to an agent again. 2014 i got an opportunity to travel outside India and i used my Indian passport. I got visa and i was able to travel twice outside the country. In 2014 i was suppose to travel to UK for a business trip through Bangalore. The immigration team stopped me that stating that i am not suppose to carry an Indian passport when i am a Tibetan. They handed me to the police and filed a case 420 and 412 of passport act. how can i get out of this case .

Learning

6 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 May 2016

You are rightly framed. confess and plead for lesser punishemnt.  whole of your crime is with documentary evidence.

is it 420 and 412 opnly or any other sections applied.

is it 420 and 412 opnly or any other sections applied.

Lobsang Tsering   15 May 2016

According to the police these are the 2 cases filed against me. Accoridng to the Indian citizen 

• Citizenship by birth.-
  • (1) Except as provided in sub-section
  • (2), every person born in India,- 

(a) on or after the 26th day of January,1950, but before the 1st day of July, 1987;

Since i was born in the year 1983 will i not be able to apply for passport based on this citizen law.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 May 2016

what did you mention in your passport form.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 May 2016

Since you have been found to have played fraud on Indian Government by giving false information to obtain Indian Passport, you may have to undergo the trial proceedings accordingly. 

Consult your lawyer and proceed as per his advises and suggestions.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register