Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

balaa suppiah (manager)     18 May 2010

passport

sir,

i am balaa suppiah ,native of chennai.i am working in dubai and i came to india to renew my passport,now i

came to know that there exist another passport in my name.i finally found the passport in my house with different photos on it.before i went to dubai i gave all my documents to an agent for  getting jobs in dubai in 2002.the agent used my particulars and got the new passport in my name.finally he return my documents and passport in my house.now only we know that there is a passport with different photo.i do know that it is against law and i need to surrender the existing passport and get my original renewed.what i have to do? i dont know the agents whereabouts?how to file FIR against him? i need to surrender and get the old one renewed?is it possible?

pls reply.

Learning

6 Replies

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     18 May 2010

you can surrender the duplicte passport by paying some compounding fees/penallty across the counter in passport office

1 Like

thank you sir.

i went through the counter to surrender but the enquiry officer told me to get the FIR so that i can be free from criminal case.i want to know what happen if i surrender the duplicate passport?i am ready to pay compound/penalty.when i surrender it how about my passport to get renewed?evenif  i paid the penalty.will there be a delay  in getting my passport renewed?will there be a if i surrender it?

thank you sir

thank you sir.

i went through the counter to surrender but the enquiry officer told me to get the FIR so that i can be free from criminal case.i want to know what happen if i surrender the duplicate passport?i am ready to pay compound/penalty.when i surrender it how about my passport to get renewed?evenif  i paid the penalty.will there be a delay  in getting my passport renewed?will there be a case against me if i surrender it?

thank you sir

getting FIR in our country is very difficult?i would like to sue that culprit in future,but all i need is to surrender the duplicate passport and get my new one renewed without any case on me.is there a way.

thank you sir.

we born here and we afraid to surrender our passport in our country.lot of problems to be a honest.

J.VINOTH ( ADVOCATE MADRAS HIGH COURT)     18 May 2010

My opinion to you will be to approach the jurisdictional police station & give a detailed complaint in writing if possible go along with an advocate. After enquiry only you will be handed a new passport you know Passport offences are quiet seriously considered hence it won;t be time consuming one.

regards

Vinoth

1 Like

i am asking how to surrender my duplicate passport so that i can apply for my old passport get renewed.

thanks

MR.VINOTH

(the passport under my name with different photo on it)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register