Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

JM (JM)     15 September 2012

Passing strictures against police

For a wrongful detention, what is the procedure to get strictures passed against the police? Is it via a complaint at magistrate or a writ petition at HC?


 3 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (     15 September 2012

Writ Petition in the High Court is the best remedy - High Courts being courts of fundamental rights - have a broader authority and are generally more equitable than techincal. 

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     16 September 2012

What will happen if strictures are passed? It is happening daily all over the country. No body cares.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     16 September 2012

Don't be under some illusion. In India, democracy is the dictatorship of the majority. It is all number game.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query