Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Partition Suit Fees

Dear Sir,

I am planning to file partition suit, regarding that I have very important query....Sir / Madam, is there any amount of exemption for ladies / divorced or widow on court fee while filing partition suit in Maharashtra?

Thanks.

Learning

6 Replies

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     08 November 2010

As per my knowledge there is no any exemption for ladies / divorced or widow on court feeis there.

partition fees is used to be based on the value of the property, and is used to be  nominal, not much. 

also u can avail leagal aid facility if u want for that u will have to fullfil the criteria. Abt. the criteria to avail the legal aid u may consult the legal aid cell/anycourt employee etc. If u r BPL then u can get your court fee exempted.

but is a lengthy process and ultimately it will cost u more. So it will be better u pay the prescribed court fee.

Also wait for the answer any expert.

(Guest)

For you have to approach the concerned Taluk Legal aid committee running in every taluk and district courts.  They can guide you in this matter. For which you have to give a petition to that effect.  AFter considering your status and other facts   the chairperson will appoint a legal aid counsel to file a suit and conduct the same freely till disposal.

amit singh (b.com acc(hons))     03 March 2012

please tell me court fees for rental case . i am from jamshedpur

amit singh (b.com acc(hons))     03 March 2012

please tell me court fees for rental case in detail . i am from jamshedpur

gspal (home-based transcriptionist)     12 March 2012

Father died intestate in 2000 of old age. He left behind his wife and two sons. They are all Hindus. His wife is living in the residential house in  Delhi and paying all expenses from pension of her husband and his bank savings. The sons are residing elsewhere. She and son A are in favour of a mutation favouring the wife. The other son B wants his one-third share in the said property or cash in lieu thereof which is being refused by the first party for 12 years now. Son B being estranged from his mother knows very well that he will not get a share in the property after his mother's demise as she will Will it to her son A. The other son is not financially sound to file a partition deed for his one-third share because of the high litigation expenses and the court fees of 4% of the municipal value of the property which may need to be deposited again if the case is taken to higher courts. Can son B get Legal Aid for court fees and litigation expenses on the condition that after getting his share in the property he sells the same to pay off the dues of Legal Aid?

gspal (home-based transcriptionist)     12 March 2012

The residential property in question is self-acquired and freehold from DDA. The land was acquired from DDA in the 1960s and built upon in 1976.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register