LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Monsi Philip   29 November 2019

Partition of family property at thumpamon

my father died this year on July 11th 2019 . Before his death as per my knowledge he has not prepared the will of our ancestral property. my mother died much earlier. Now my younger brother and sister are declaring by themselves that they are their property and I cannot get anything from the same and forget about it....as I have married a Hindu girl and she was not converted into Christianity....and you did not look after my father. whereas being the elder son of the family I had done all my duties my father wished except conversion my wife into Christianity. Now please advise how to get my share from this property as my financial condition is also not good to survive.....please advise

Learning

2 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     30 November 2019

The properties left intestate by the parents are jointly vested with legal heirs and you are one among the legal heirs. The incidents mentioned do not confer any special rights or privileges upon upon your siblings to deprive you this vested right. Try for an amicable settlement; else, you can file a suit for partition.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     02 December 2019

You have equal share in the properties with other LRs of deceased left intestate.

Seek advise/ guidance of a local prudent lawyer with relevant documents for better appreciation of facts and proceeding. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register