Upgrad LLM

partition of ancestrel property

Dear sirs. i m sowmya from kerala i was from hindu family. I loved one from tamil nadu state from christian family. While during our marriage i was convert my religion from hindu to christian. Till nw my family members didnt gave any thing for me. All property are ancestrel but it is in my fathers name. Can u suggest me.....for my following doubts.... 1. Can i get any thing from my family ancestrel property 2. I was converted during marriage so in which act i can apply for partition 3. If my family members refuse to give the partition means how i can apply ....... What are the documents needed
Practicing Advocate/Legal Consultant/Legal Process Outsourcing 08427414792

Dear Querist,


A convert from Hinduism incurs no disqualification in respect of inheritance to the ancestral property. Your right to claim your share in the ancestral property remains as it was before the conversion. Under Section 26 of the Hindu Succession Act conversion does not diminish the right of the convert to inherit the ancestral property. Your children will, however, have no share in this property unless they have converted to Hinduism at the time when the succession opens.



Ashish Davessar





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x