25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sirish kumar (others)     29 July 2013

Parti in person

IS representation as party in person (PIP) allowed in a high court (for family matters)? if yes, plz throw light on etiquettes to be followed.


 4 Replies

Hemang (Advocate)     29 July 2013

Party in person is always allowed in any court of the Country. The party should be well equipped with the facts and circumstances of the case. He should be well prepared and should be able to point out every minute details from the memorandum of petition, or appeal as the case may be including the documentary evidence. Detach yourself from the cause, which is hard, but then you are "representaitve" before the Court. Do not impeach high in the court. You should be sobar with pleasing presentation. Be always moderate in your submissions before the court. Always place the facts lucidly. Never loose your temperament even if the judge adopts adverse view of the matter. That is the essential quality required. 

1 Like

Shantilal Pandya ( Advocate)     29 July 2013

 Well advised by Mr. HEMANG  I woud add be courteous to the court,  opponents  and  their advocates

1 Like

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     29 July 2013

Dear Sirish

party in person can be allowed its depend on the court, a person can appear personally before any court or authority in his own case or matter.

1 Like

SRISHAILA.DHARANI (Advocate&consultant)     29 July 2013

Yes you can argue the matters yourselves, provided you foolow the below points

1.Be well aware of your case ie., facts and reasons for injustice

2.Be curtious while narrating the facts to Judge.

3.First attend any of the courts in the High court of your state to know how other advocates are arguing and how they are representing the case and also narrating the facts.It will help you in arguing the case.



1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query