Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kalai   26 September 2018

Parents property - house for son family

Hello Sir/Madam,

My parents has 2 kids a son and myself (daughter). Both kids are married and having child. They are having property which is on my mother's name. It has 2 house in same compound. In one house (2bhk) parents are living with my brother and his wife. And other one is 1 BHK on rental for 3500/-. There is 2 more old house (from grandparents) my parents given for rental it's rent is very less 1500 and 1800. This is their income to survive.

After brothers marriage (Feb 2016), When they all together my brother gave 5000/- per month for expenses for both my brother and his wife. My brother and his wife is not good going with my parents. They scold my mother very much and terms are not going good with my parents. So my parents told her once you come back from delivery let's not live as joint family and find a house outside and live there. My brother's wife went for delivery to her mother's home for 5 months. And now they are   saying they want the house to live they won't go out.

My question here is, is it compulsory to give house for my brother? My brother is blackmailing my parents if they are not giving house to live otherwise he will not bring my brother's wife and son. Both are jointly threatening them.

Please give you advice and solution.

Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     26 September 2018

Dear querist,

Your parents have sole right on their property they are free to live there life peacefully in their property no one can trouble them.

In case your parent wants your brother and his wife to leave house they have full right to ask for this.

In case your brother and his wife does not vacate house then your parent can claim relief under Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007.

Deepak Joshi & Associates

Djaa.legal@gmail.com

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

Kalai   27 September 2018

Hi Deepak Joshi Sir,

Thank you for you input and clear answer. it really gives good strength to my parents.

My brother has sent a notice to my brothers wife (they planned togther itseems), that she is scolding my mother a lot so i am not ready to accept her in our home. Is this kind of notice is really work?. What will be next step taken from my parents side.

Please guide us.

Thank you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register