New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nayan Patil (M.T.)     17 May 2011

PAN card for a Proprietor firm

Dear All,

I am a francisee of one of well known company which is providing a computer (HW / SW) courses. in this regard i have to apply for a PAN of my firm. kindly suugest how i can get a PAN card? Which documents i have to submit?

please guide me ASAP.


Narayan Patil


 6 Replies

Shaikh Riyaz (HR)     17 May 2011

Mr. Patel

if it is your business in partnership then you can get PAN for your firm if it is pure sole proprietorship then you can use your indivisual pan number in all cases



Firm registration copy

partnership deed

rubber stamp like ....for patel and company you can ask to rubber stamp make for stamp...

 above information for your requirement




for proprietorship firms no Pan card is alloted.

M. Kannan (Consultant)     27 May 2011

If it is the Proprietorship concern, Pan is not required to be applied. You can use your own Pan No. If it is a partnership firm, then you have to apply for Pan in the name of firm. For Partnership firm, the Pan application form to be signed by one of the partners at the specified boxes with For Seal. Attach the Partnership Deed copy along with application. That is enough.

T V RAAO (SERVICE)     13 August 2013

If two accounts are maintained in the name of the firm and in the name of the propritor banks demand pan if the cash transactions in the accounts exceed the set limit.

How to address this ?

Pranali Sharma   05 May 2017

The PAN Card(Permanent Account Number) is more or less become an essential document to have.It is required for identification purpose not only who pay taxes but also for non employed or those who not  pay taxes.In case you don't already have can Apply for PAN Card.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     14 May 2017

I practice my profession. I fill up return form ITR-4. It has provision to enter all particulars regarding my profession and profits/gains therefrom as well as my other personal income. If you want to open an account solely in the name of your profession the bank will ask for documents for the existence of such business. You give them copies of documents awarding franchise to you and a letter saying that you are personally doing the business under the name adopted by you. The franchise will be to the person. You can also furnish to the bank copy of your own PAN card. Please note that for the purpose of income-tax, your business income and other personal income will be combined in one return form. If the bank still insist, ask them how to get it and report it here for our benefit of information also.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register