LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SGulati   20 June 2016

Pan card cancel or renew

Hi, I have a PAN card alloted to me in 1998 from Hyderbad. Since then I have emigrated to US and have gotten US citizenship. For the purpose of making any investment and reporting to IT, should I surrender my previous PAN and get a new one under NRI

Learning

3 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     25 August 2016

Dear Client,

No need to  surrender your old PAN Card and apply for a New one. Your Old PAn card Will Suffice and meant for your lifetime.Also  refer the following link fo rfurther information on PAN Cards in India.::
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/50971994.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

SGulati   25 August 2016

Thanks Usha! So you mean I can do financial transactions under this PAN even though the Pan Database reflects that I am an India citizen whereas in reality I am not. I tried to update the current Pan Card with another address (within India) but there is no process to update the citizenship status on the PAN.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     29 August 2016

Desr SGulati,

If you appreciate my  above answer which i s100% correct please click the  thank you button onthis forum.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register