Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nirvana (Anon)     03 June 2013

Pagdi system to ownership settlement

Hello Hon'ble members,

I need Urgent help !! We Own a Building where we have total 25 flats, out of which 17 are given on ownership basis , 3 are occupied by my family and 5 on Rent [pagdi system] since last 30 years now.

Building was built 30 years back

Now the 5 tenants on pagdi system wants those flats on ownership basis,so i agreed for a meeting.

The 5 tenants on pagdi system has been paying a monthly rent of 50 Rs. since 30 years,They given the deposit of 20,000 rs 30 years back.

Initially we use to Pay property tax ourselves but since last 18 years they have been paying property tax since the rates have gone high and it was not possible for us [owners] to pay property tax.

I agreed to give them the flat on ownership and we called a meeting,In the meeting they proposed me to give me 1.5 lakh rs each lumsum and called for settlement.

But the present market rate here is 8000 rs per sqft and i feel the amount 1.5 lakh is to low to settle,also i am thinking of re-development of the building soon.

So i need expert adivce that what is best for me,should i make settlement with them now or handover them to builder at the time of redevelopment,what is more profitable ?

If i should make settlement with them now ! then what should be the rate at which i should give them ownership rights [given the market price is 8000 per sqft and Building will go for redevelopment] ?

NOTE : The carpet area of all the flats is around average 350 sqft each

total 5 flats.

I am from Mumbai

Learning

5 Replies

Sarita Nakhe (Owner)     03 June 2013

5 flats giving you Rs.1.50 lacs each against cmv Rs.28 lacs, are absolutely foolish deals. Being protected unde MRC act, they are trying to exploit you in the manner they want.  No need to make ownership at this stage.  At the time of redevelopment, you do not give them maximum carpet area above 350 sqft as tenants majority is up to 20% and thus you can expoit them.

Nirvana (Anon)     03 June 2013

Thanks Ma'am for the reply...So i have decided not to make ownership settlement at this stage,and rather discuss this ownership issue at the time of redevlopment itself.

But it will be more profitable to go with 5 tenants and 3 occupuied flats =  total 8 flats in hand directly to redevelopment and hand it over to builder for redevelopment ? right ?

Actually they are planning to get this settlement done and after that apply for formation of CHS.

Also Just in case if i was to make a settlement at this stage,what rate should i ask for from them,considering the market rate of 8000 per sqft , they have been paying taxes and each flat is 350 sq ft ?

Nirvana (Anon)     04 June 2013

any advice on this ?

Nirvana (Anon)     04 June 2013

I need urgent adivce on this !! If i am to make a settlement today at what rate should i sell them the flats ?

secondly,or should i wait till the re-development starts and hand them over to Builder who is going to re-develop the building ? is that more in my interest and profit ?

Sarita Nakhe (Owner)     22 July 2013

As per general practice, being the landlord of 5 flats, you might be the owner of 1/3 rd owner of 5 flats,  Therefore you may demand Rs.2,500 to Rs.3000 per sq ft from 5 flats to give them ownership.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register