LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak   22 May 2021

Pagadi system

I have buy a room in pagdi system in last year with tenant. This property under dispute of ownership of land with current landlord and reputed builder.
While buy a room we are not transferred of tenent ship of house because of this dispute and not intimate both landlord and builder..
The person who I buy house that give us power attorney of house and NOC for same.
I have agree to pay 33% transferred fees as per rule but whome I have pay and now condition is that bulider has right they don't transferred tenant ship now and landlord nothing to do ?
What can I do?


 1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 May 2021

tenancy agreement can normally only be changed if both you and your landlord agree. If you both agree, the change should be recorded in writing, either by drawing up a new written document setting out the terms of the tenancy or by amending the existing written tenancy agreement.

If the landlord has not signed the transfer of tenancy then it will be a problem for the buyer especially the property seems to be undergoing redevelopment, hence the builder may not recognise you as a legal pagdi tenant, hence you may have chances of losing your rights also since you have not followed up the rules in this regard. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query