LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amma shetty (service)     12 October 2016

Padgi flats in mumbai

We have pagdi flats in my late father's name and the rent receipts are in still appearing in my father's name. now my mother has decided to dispose the flats and share the sale consideration after paying the landlord the transfer fee to all the children equally. Is here a law where the portion of the sale consideration in a pagdi flat is apportioned in percentage equally or my mother has a higher share than the children in this kind of non ownership flats. if yes, what is the breakup in percentage. example : my father died without making a WILL.

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)
Legally matter comes under provision of Maharashtra rent control act 1. Legal status of your father was tenant. 2. As per relevant section of above mentioned act tenancy is transfer Ed automatically to legal heirs of tenant who reside in tenement 3. Land Lord is bound to give receipt to legal heir who reside there 4. Step 3 ignore you are jumping to transfer your tenancy. 5. Under circumstances settle mutually in family no written law is there who should take how much

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register