Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhayk (efgh)     29 July 2013

Original document printed on both side(s) or one side???

As per Department of Registration & Stamps, Govt. of Maharashtra (Pune) website FAQ

"For registration of any instrument, the original document which should be typed/printed on one side only along with one  photocopy of the original have to be submitted to the Registering Officer. The copy is required to be photocopied only on one side of the paper."

Source - https://igrmaharashtra.gov.in/FAQRegistration.aspx#6

My doubt is whether original document needs to be printed on one side (as stated above) or both sides?

Because the registering officer claims that now one sided documents are not accepted and they must be two-sided when registering them.

Further he claims that the website is always up to date and there is no error in the FAQs.

Now, there is clear error and misleading info shown in the FAQ that has come to my notice.

I would request the members to enlighten me any good source which gives these same FAQs in an up dated manner or keeps a record of it with timely additions or improvements.

Secondly, Is there any point in the FAQs which is outdated?

Thank You.

Learning

2 Replies

2BHelpfull (Other)     29 July 2013

as per my knowledge original document should be typed/printed on one sided.

if the doc. is printed double side then it will not be register.

i fail to understand why the registrar is refusing.it is valid .

Abhayk (efgh)     30 July 2013

I have been checking some documents among my sources and it's surprising to see that quite a few docs were indeed double sided. Though documents were registered.

It is not clear still to me why is this difference? Does notary or franking play some part in differentiating them?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register