Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Order 6 rule 17

correction is sought by respondent in the affidavit of written statement regarding her employment status. But now it is found that in body of the WS there are many statements which are contrary to statements given in other criminal cases, all of which she lost. What steps can be taken? Can the WS be quashed?

Please post complete facts.


It is about a mat suit filed by husband in which wife filed a WS. Wife made a deliberate mistake while stating her 'status' in the affidavit. Then she filed a petition u/o 6 R17 for amending the same. Now the husband finds that in the body of WS, there are several deliberately made false/contradictory statements as reflected from the evidence given by her in two criminal cases. Both the criminal cases were decided against her. Now the question is since the statements of WS itself is proved wrong in other cases, can the WS be quashed and marriage disolved?




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x