LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak Kumar (Student at IIT Bombay)     06 March 2018

Online Cheating of 1 Lakh - Offered me to sell Bitcoin at low rate

I am an Engineering student in Mumbai. A guy from Tamil Nadu offered me to sell Bitcoin at low rate. I was aware that he might scam me. So I took his Aadhar Card copy, Mobile Number, Bank Details, Phone Call Recording, Video Call Screen Recording of the deal terms (by mistake video is muted). I sent him 1 Lakh through UPI on 18th February. He recieved calls in first few hours. Later he stopped responding my phone call. So I filed complaint on 22nd February in Powai Police Station. Now on 5th March I got his personal details and Bank Statement from Axis Bank and I can see he has wasted my money in petrol pump, restaurant, online purchase and Cash ed out rest of the money. On 5th March Powai Police talked to him and gave him two days time to return my money or else we will complete formality to arrest him. Now the fraud is asking for 15 days to return 50,000 and another 15 days for rest 50,000 rupees. What should I do now? Should I wait or make it a court case.

Learning

4 Replies

Ambanshu Sahni   06 March 2018

If police has taken cognizance of the matter, its better to wait. If he returns it as per his first promise that would work for you. (This is just a practical advice). As per law police is bound to arrest or call him to station, if he appears to be involved in the case.

Deepak Kumar (Student at IIT Bombay)     06 March 2018

Is it too late. Because it has been 16 days. He was not responding. Soon after when he realised it's police case after seeing the photo of his bank statement. He responded my call and asked for 30 days to return money. Now again he is not responding to calls and not behaving properly. He is like "If you can wait for 30 days then fine , otherwise your wish". I am confused now. What to do. Should I ask for interest on my money also ?

Ambanshu Sahni   06 March 2018

Then you shoud pursue it with full vigour with the Police. Since police are already in know off, they would trace and arrest him. He might also be involved in large scale cheating so you should certainly lodge a formal complaint. Feel free to call me for further discussion.

Warmly

Ambanshu Sahni

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 March 2018

Along with action by police try to find his estate/property and get IT attached…

Discuss in person with your own very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in criminal matters , having successful track record ….and worth his/her salt…

The fraudster and money disappears fast.

So you may act fast.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register