Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajesh singal (xyz)     26 May 2020

One time option for conversion from new pension scheme to old pension govt of india

I am working in govt department where i joined on 19-May-2004. My selection process started in Dec 2002 with an advertisement in newspaper for 5 vacancies where i applied and called for interview in Aug-2003. There was no official declaration of result anywhere and i directly got an appointment letter dated Apr-2004. With recent order of govt of India stating that those cases of recruitment where appointment was delayed because of administrative reasons and their results were declared before 31-Dec-2003 and joined the service after 31-Dec-2003 will be given option to opt for old pension scheme. I want to opt for old pension scheme. When i approached my office i was told that since my appointment letter is dated latter then 31-dec-2003, i am not eligible. From the RTI source, i got to know that the candidate list ( including me) was sent to Minister office for approval in Sep-2003 and it came back in Nov-2003 with a general query. THen the file was kept by department till Feb-2004 and resent to minister's approval on Mar-2004 where it got approved and then appointment letter was issued. Since i was in selected list in file but because of delays of department it was not approved by minister before 31-Dec-2003. How can i justify this? They are saying that i have to approach CAT first then court. Is it correct way? any suggestion please?

Learning

1 Replies

rajesh singal (xyz)     28 May 2020

Sorry that I missed to say that officially I have already applied to department and written response is awaited. During verbal communication with sr. offical(JS level) involved in my case, they say that date of appointment letter will be considered as date of result declaration. So is the reason asking this query. I was also told that govt employees are bound to take first CAT route and if not resolved then go for HC. In case the written response comes negative HC or CAT which one is better & why? please guide?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More