obtaining fir copy using rti when i am not a concerned party

I would like to get a copy of an FIR through RTI.I would also like to know what action was taken after the FIR was filed,and if no action was taken the reason for that being the case.

I am NOT a concerned party(neither did I file the complaint nor was it filed against me).

Complaint was filed by a representative(not a family member) of a minor boy against the boy's school teacher.An FIR was registered by the police under IPC Section 338(causing grievous hurt by an act endangering the life or personal safety of others).

The boy's father happens to be an influential person.The only reason I am interested is because my child happens to be a student of the same school.The entire issue was hushed up.The teachers & school authorities will not  talk about the issue.Am I in a position to obtain this information?

legal advisor

if the investigations are complete then you can get the copy of fir by filing rti subjected to the condition that the party who has filed the fir doesnt object to it



Submit RTI application.


I do not have the FIR number or the date of filing.Can i file RTI without these.?

Tell the boy's father to go collect the FIR copyfrom the police station as of right.l They are bound to  give you one. If they refuse try to go to HIgher Police Authrities such as Superintendent of police or commssioner and compalin  and you may get FIR. Or File a Writ and get FIR.RTI Route also You can try.If yopu appreciate this answer please click the thank you button on this  forum.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



IPC Grand Course     |    x