LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nirmal Joseph (Medical Practice)     21 November 2009

Obtaining Copy of filed documents and Order from Court by RT

I am a party to a suit in the Chennai City Civil Court.

Order was passed in the year 2007.

Is it possible to get Certified Photo Copies of all the documents pertaining to this suit including the order by an application under the RTI Act 2005.

If it is possible what would be the fee payable?

And in whose name the DD to be taken?

Thanks.

Learning

8 Replies

saumit joshi (advocate)     21 November 2009

if u are one of the party to suit than you should get certified copy personally or any lawyer who appointed by you after giving nominal court fees for certified copies with the mentioning the date of order. and you will get within one week. so not get under RTI Act. you simply go and get with the help of advocate.

dhiraj choudhary (n/a)     21 November 2009

there is no need to file an application under rti for obtaining the certified copies of the orders. simply file an application before the court which has paseed the order by mentioning the title n no.of the case and date of decision. but for this purpose u have to pay reasonable court fees

dhiraj choudhary (n/a)     21 November 2009

there is no need to file an application under rti for obtaining the certified copies of the orders. simply file an application before the court which has paseed the order by mentioning the title n no.of the case and date of decision. but for this purpose u have to pay reasonable court fees

Nirmal Joseph (Medical Practice)     21 November 2009

I applied using the prescribed Copy Application form and paying the court fee. But the clerk refused to accept saying that only the appeared advocate can apply. What is your comment on this?

naveen p (junior advocate)     22 November 2009

yes u can get copies of all documents

S. Bharath (Advocate and Arbitrator Formerly Civil Judge)     29 November 2009

The Court clerk is right..you need to apply through your advocate who you engaged for the case because his vakalat is still in force. If you are unable to get hold of your advocate you may move an application in court supported by an affidavit seeking to revoke the vakalat and engage another advocate and obtain copies through the new advocate or if you do not want to engage another advocate, you may pursue the matter yourself; if your earlier advocate does not undertake this or for some reason you want to change him, you may get a change of vakalat wherein he makes a consent [no objection] for you to engage another advocate or take it up yourself. It generally costs less in terms of money but consumes quite much of your time and energy to take these things till the end. Just in case you need help in Chennai, I may put you on to somebody..

girishankar (manager)     16 February 2010

Thank U Bharath Sir

girishankar (manager)     17 February 2010

Dear Sir, Can I get case file including the written Arugment of my Counssel and oppsite partys ? Wht the Procedure please.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register