LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishnaya vasudevaya (--)     17 April 2016

Obtaining copy of divorce decree

Dear Eminent Members, 

Please let me know the procedure to obtain the original copy of the divorce decree judgement in English. The judgement was passed on 31st March 2016 but my lawyer is not giving us the copy unless we pay him the fees. We cant pay the fees the lawyers are claiming since they are way too high.

Let me know if there is an application i can write to judge to obtain the copy. 


The judgement has been pronounced on 31st March 2016 in Bhavanagr Gujarat. 


Please let me know the process at the earliest. 






 3 Replies

Very simple way... Just gve me pm no need to pay if he s charging you with extra fess

I mean fees. You have to get what your right is..

Krishnaya vasudevaya (--)     17 April 2016

I already paid 20K for nothing. All he did is produced the case in court. In fact, both the parties had the same lawyer. Both petitioner and respondent. He already got 40K from my ex. And he still demanding 10K more from me. 




70K for mutual consent divorce case. Why should I pay another 10K? I will not be afraid to file a case against the lawyer in bar council of Gujarat. 


So CAPTAIN, here are the facts of the case. Just for 1st and second motion, he wants 70K. In fact, he never offered us the option for a compromise. just direct divorce. 


I have filed a RCR case in chennai. Its been 1 year since then and my lawyer did not even ask extra penny from me. He has also offered to return some money. These are the facts about the case. 




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query