Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raghava (n/a)     23 January 2008



 There is a residential  apartment in our locality which is not a  registered one.  Recently  one flat  owner  has  given his  flat for tenancy but they are doing  commercial activiity and causing nuisance to the  other residents. Inspite of repeated requests and notices the owner who  is behaving adamantly. Even though the Apartment not having registration but having their own bye-laws and where it is clearly mentioned that the Apartment should not entertain commercial activity. Please kindly suggest me what type of steps to be taken to restrict the Flat owner who is  doing  illegal activity.




 5 Replies

Shambasiv (n/a)     23 January 2008

Lodge a police complaint. For action for breach of bye laws, the remedy would be provided in the bye laws itself.

Raghava (n/a)     23 January 2008


Thank you for the suggestion, but is there any other remedy from civil side.

 for All opinion pl.



anupam_advocate (n/a)     13 February 2008

Lodge a police complaint.

Vishwanath tripathi (Advocate)     17 February 2008

Lodge an FIR,Make complaint at housing board of that area,to the district magistrate,and all the concerned authorities if you want to go on civilside and when the problem occurs inform to the police at the same time through phone


·V..n.tripathi is right.You  lodge an FIR.

Public Nuisance: A public nuisance is an interference with the publics right to property and involves conducts that hamper public health, safety, peace or tranquility. It may affect an entire community or neighborhood, or any number of persons, although the extent of the annoyance or damage inflicted upon individuals may not be equal.

Private Nuisance: A private nuisance is an unreasonable interference and invasion of a person's right to the use and enjoyment of his land. Public nuisance is a crime while private nuisance is a civil wrong. Damages can be obtained in case of a public nuisance only if special damage sustained by the plaintiff can be proved.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query