LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rani jain (others)     26 September 2014

nri husband threatening to send me back on no grounds

I got married in jan 2014 with europe based nri. After 7 months my visa came & i joined him here in europe a month back. He has beaten me like animals on more than 5 occassions & threatening me to send india everydayon no grounds. His family based in india supporting him. I have launched a complaint here in europe in local police station. But he is not gvng me any support & money & left me deserted here. He wants me to go to india as he has no intentions to come to india as he want to be safe. Please give right advice. This is his second marriage. He cant leave me on no grounds. How to get justice after coming to india as i wont be able to survive here for long. All my family in india.

Learning

10 Replies

Thanks raj. Its my husbands second marriage. They did similar threat withhis first wife as well.but how will i or police trace him cos he is in europe and he s aware- he wont be spared by law if he comes to india. He has no plans to come to india.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     26 September 2014

@ Author,

1. In my opinion if you have already lodged a police complaint locally (in Europe) then I suggest to wait there and let local police do their investigation followed by providing you support and punish him (if any) in accordance with facts that emerges out of local investigations of Domestic Violence.

2. European Union have much speedier remedy for incidences of domestic violence compared to Indian Laws.

3. If you come back to India and file a case of Domestic Violence which happened in Europe then such complaint case under DV Act will be dismissed as ‘such incidence happened in International jurisprudence r/w permission of Central Government has to be taken to proceed against your Indian origin husband who is believed to be living in Europe’.

[Last reply]

I can feel laws are much more stronger in india as compared to here. Can't i do anythng after coming to india as he is deserting me on no grounds along with violence. I do have complete reports & proofs from police here along with my pictures showing his violence. I think there are lot of laws for nri deserted wives.

I can feel laws are much more stronger in india as compared to here. Can't i do anythng after coming to india as he is deserting me on no grounds along with violence. I do have complete reports & proofs from police here along with my pictures showing his violence. I think there are lot of laws for nri deserted wives.

Complaint is true & as i m on dependent visa i cant work here. I can file from india but how will he be punished as he is in europe...

Complaint is true & as i m on dependent visa i cant work here. I can file from india but how will he be punished as he is in europe...

Yes- as of now- i m not having lawyer. Police supporting me. When i ask him money- he says to get it from my father. Also he demanded dowry on several occassions.

Can his parents be arrested in his absence. They are too smart, as they have already spoiled one gals life. I m sure by now they would have submitted affidavit that they dont have any relation with their son. But i hv his phone records mentioning they are in touch. Is anythng possible in this aspect.

Its not game. I m here for help with genuine problem. If u cant, please dont answer in such terms

(Guest)

You should take help from local authorities. Stay calm though it is difficult. Local authorities and some trustworthy will get you visa in that country and help you to stand on your feet. Don't come India. Here things are much harassing.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register