Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sharmarh   30 January 2016

NRI Couple: wife threatening to harm in-laws in india

Hi,

I'm married for 3 years now and from day 1 of my marriage we are staying away from my parents. For the last 8 months I'm in Newyork, USA along with my wife. To summarize, we never stayed with our parents so far and currently we are not even in India. There have been some issues between us and finally I just want to move on with my life so that atleast I don't have to suffer even if I will not be happy. Now, my wife keeps threatening that she can harm me and my parents if she wants. I even have Whatsapp messages where she mentioned that she will make my parents life miserable. I just want to ensure that they are not harmed in anyway.

Can someone please help me know the answers for below queries:

1) Since we are not in india for more than 6months, can she really harm my parents back in India?

2) What are the ways I can protect my parents?

3) Since we are not in india for more than 6 monthss, can she file a complaint against me in India?

4) If a complaint is registered, will I be able to stay outside India(Job requirement) and visit India for court hearing sessions only and comeback?

Thanks in advance to you all.

Learning

5 Replies

SuperHero (Manager)     30 January 2016

Originally posted by : Sharmarh
Hi,

I'm married for 3 years now and from day 1 of my marriage we are staying away from my parents. For the last 8 months I'm in Newyork, USA along with my wife. To summarize, we never stayed with our parents so far and currently we are not even in India. There have been some issues between us and finally I just want to move on with my life so that atleast I don't have to suffer even if I will not be happy. Now, my wife keeps threatening that she can harm me and my parents if she wants. I even have Whatsapp messages where she mentioned that she will make my parents life miserable. I just want to ensure that they are not harmed in anyway.

Can someone please help me know the answers for below queries:

1) Since we are not in india for more than 6months, can she really harm my parents back in India?

2) What are the ways I can protect my parents?

3) Since we are not in india for more than 6 monthss, can she file a complaint against me in India?

4) If a complaint is registered, will I be able to stay outside India(Job requirement) and visit India for court hearing sessions only and comeback?

Thanks in advance to you all.

1. Where is your Wife Staying now??? In USA or India??

2. Harming meaning Physical damages or filing cases you mean??

3. They can file false cases but Police has to enquire first and then if they think then only arrest....

4. If things are not going well..better go to a marriage counsellor....

5. Make sure you have all the call recordings or whats app messages....especially Women in a Fit of Anger..will tell 100 things...but it is just a threat call to my knowledge...

6. Some women are really crooked (Watch Movie - Gone Girl)

7. In India Women mind especially in Matrimonial cases is corrupted by Parents , relatives or some one to have False Cases on In Laws...

So be Careful.. Prevention is Better than Cure..

Your Parents can also go to the Nearest Police Station give a statement that your Wife is threatening to create False Cases...from USA.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     31 January 2016

If you both are staying in USA than the complaint filed by her in India will not be entertained by Indian courts but if the complaint is filled on her behalf by her parents that will be taken up by the Indian courts.

The criminal complaint under S498A, 406 IPC, Dowry Prohibition Act etc. made by her parents for dowry demand from the wife and them may be registered by local Police as FIR against you and your parents and to prevent that you need to keep sufficient evidence to defend such charges that no such demand made by you guys from them, no dowry taken and things which they gave to their daughter are with her in her possession only.

The domestic violence complaint is usually for seeking maintenance, right to residence from the husband and in your case as you both live in USA, wife herself is earning and she is living with you in the present matrimonial home in USA, the Indian court will not pass any order under DV Act for her in India.

Sharmarh   01 February 2016

@ SuperHero,

Thank you all for your response.

At present we both are in US. I have few of her whatsapp messages and email messages where she threatened me. Infact I have been the one transferring money to her for sometime now and I have all these records. So far she has threatened to file case against me and my parents.

Just an FYI, so far no physical harrasment from either sides and or any money demands from my side to her. Everytime there was an issue, we just engaged their family members and my family members for counselling

Sharmarh   01 February 2016

@ Vijay Sir,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, her sister in India encouraging her saying that they have good influential contacts in India and she can initiate a case.

I have been transferring money to her when she was in India before coming to US. When she travelled to India, I paid for her flight tickets, I bought gifts for her sisters and I have proofs for all this.

Infact when she went to India, she took some of my jewels which my mom bought me and she has it in her bank locker. I came to US first so she dumped all the things in one place and valuables in bank under her name.

Just an FYI, so far no physical harrasment from either sides and or any money demands from my side to her. Everytime there was an issue, we just engaged their family members and my family members for counselling

Thanks again.

SuperHero (Manager)     01 February 2016

Originally posted by : Sharmarh
@ SuperHero,

Thank you all for your response.

At present we both are in US. I have few of her whatsapp messages and email messages where she threatened me. Infact I have been the one transferring money to her for sometime now and I have all these records. So far she has threatened to file case against me and my parents.

I really feel Sorry for this kind of Indian Women. They don't count blessings living in a foreign country where there is 24 hours electricity, hot water, less traffic and nice roads, good food..

Lot of Places to visit, Husband to drive car....Even Laundry you have a Washing Machine....

And importantly No In Laws, Cook Food, Serve Chai and so on.....

I don't know what Women really want???

Women if they show little Love and Affection, Don't overact or Over react..towards Men... ALL things will fall at its places...

A wife and husband should communicate with an Open Heart and Mind and try to resolve the problems themselves.

Inital Years there will be adjustments....

Anyways thats all my Philosophy...Vijay's Sir gave very good information. So please be on alert...

Tajobs - Used to mention one thing. You will know your real Wife once you go to the Court...

Also may be you are thinking too much or making a Mole of a Mountain...May be she needs your Love, Affection and Sex.

May be a change of place will change things...You can try Meditation...just my thoughts...

Wish You Good Luck.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register