Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohan kumar (Sr.Software Engineer)     29 May 2013

Notice period -3 months hindering upsc preparation

Hi,

I have been preparing for UPSC.I am working in a IT company.I have resigned as I wanted to joining coaching classes.one month notice period is already over. As per my organization rules,I have to serve 3 months notice period.But I am in a position where I can serve only two months as I have to attend coaching classes.I have already explained my scenario verbally to my manager .He is forcing me to serve 3 months notice period citing that my replacement will join in the end of the second month only and it is crtical for the project.

My notice period terms are as below.Please suggest me can i buy-out the notice period even if my manager says no to me?

5.NOTICE PERIOD

5.1. Duration of notice period is 3 months for confirmed employees and 1 month for employees on probation, as per the terms of employment.

5.2. The last day would be decided by the reporting manager taking into account the business needs/ reasons, availability of replacement and the time frame required for the knowledge transfer.

5.3. Notice period, as advised by the reporting manager, needs to be served which means the employee cannot unilaterally decide to buy out the notice period. Once the relieving date is decided by the manager, the employee shall be required to pay the notice period shortfall, i.e., from last working day until completion of 3 months of notice. Any final decision to release an employee earlier than 3 months would be solely at the discretion of the management.

5.4. In case the employee fails to serve the notice period, salary for this period shall be recovered (at the rate of monthly basic salary) for the shortfall. This amount needs to be paid by the employee in the form of a demand draft and shall not be adjusted against the available leaves.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register